Shohel Residence / ARCHFIELD Bangladesh
Textual content description offered by the architects. The challenge transient emphasised psychological and bodily well-being somewhat than spatial necessities. The consumer invested his assets in his and his household’s future when the encompassing would inevitably refill mercilessly with brutal concrete constructions. The design targeted on offering respiration area throughout the compound in distinction to the prevailing pattern and surrounding atmosphere, not just for the homeowners however for the neighbors who’re compelled to be packed in matchbox homes because of the ever-increasing calls for of city residing.
Creating an instance of an IDEAL HOME within the current quickly rising URBAN CONTEXT OF DHAKA CITY which includes a easy shift within the typical thought course of:
- COST REDUCTION will be equal to INCOME GENERATION
- The worth of PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WELL-BEING is far higher than Financial prosperity in the long term.
The design is minimal and easy, totally meaning to protect the unique pure state as a lot as potential. The construction is a mere backdrop of busy homesteading, wholesome residing, and reminiscence crafting.
The steadiness is achieved via the crafted relationship between
- Open area: This challenge provides to the city panorama by offering substantial open area. The consumer wished a house for his household thus the footprint was intentionally saved tight to encourage a way of togetherness whereas the tropical breeze soaks up the stress.
- Pavilion: A pavilion type of area flows at all times maintains the airflow of the home and brings the general temperature of your complete area down; it additionally works as a multipurpose area for household interplay.
- Courtyard: Courtyards can play an necessary function in regulating the microclimate of the tropics. It really works a transition between the big open area and the home.
The home is of brick Construction with a concentrate on regionally widespread strategies and accessible assets.
- Conventional clay roof tile for insulation sloped roof to reinforce views, attract wind circulation, and create variation in flooring peak.
- Concrete slab on I part bars [used] for permanence.
- Sloped METAL beams to help the sloped roof.
- “Sheetal Pati” (A conventional mat made with cane-like materials from crops) to clad the false ceiling.
- Louvered panel to decrease the size and to let the wind circulation and stop rain
- Brick partitions are made with 2 rows of brick with cement concrete in between
- Wooden and glass on home windows and doorways.
In the case of Dhaka, the very best structure is the one that’s not constructed in any respect because the open inexperienced areas are quickly disappearing inflicting critical degradation of the residing atmosphere. Furthermore, the problem of balancing aspiration and affordability poses to be even higher when it merges with the longer term considerations of a household. The design tried to discover a steadiness between these complexities and make an announcement in opposition to the pattern.