I do not write cocktail recipes all that frequently, however I shared this one with readers of my publication a couple of years in the past, and it changed into one among my most well liked recipes. It is simple to peer why: It takes a great cocktail (a margarita) and makes it further quenching by means of distinctive feature of an underdog vegetable (celery). Celery is of course reasonably salty, in order that lends the drink a savory profile, however like cucumber, it comprises quite a lot of water, so it additionally provides a contemporary, colourful juiciness that totally infuses the drink. Those margaritas are easiest made to reserve relatively than scaled up and batched, for the reason that lime juice will oxidize the celery, giving the drink a murky hue (it is going to nonetheless style nice, although). — Lukas Volger
Watch this recipe
Highly spiced Celery Margarita
- Lime wedge, for rimming the glass
- Kosher salt, for rimming the glass
- 1 1/2 oz sweetened celery juice
- 1 1/2 oz blanco or reposado tequila
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Celery sprig and lime wedge, for garnish
Sweetened Celery Juice
- 4 lengthy stalks celery, scrubbed and chopped into 1- to 2-inch segments
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Highly spiced Celery Margarita: Get ready the salted rim of your glass by means of rubbing a lower lime round it and dipping it right into a plate of salt.
- In a shaker full of ice (or anything else more or less the similar measurement as a shaker that you’ll be able to seal), mix the celery juice, tequila, and lime juice. Shake for 15 seconds.
- Pressure the drink over contemporary ice into the ready glass, garnish with the celery sprig and lime, and serve instantly.
- Sweetened Celery Juice: Mix the celery, chili, sugar, and water to your meals processor or a blender and mix for 60 to 90 seconds, expanding the rate incrementally, till the mix is punctiliously blitzed and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pressure thru a fine-mesh sieve (or cheesecloth-lined colander), urgent at the solids with a spatula or wood spoon to extract as a lot juice as conceivable.